While the skill and dedication of healthcare professionals is undoubtedly vital to the succesful delivery of medical services, the design and manufacture of the medical devices themselves also play a decisive role. As a plastic medical device manufacturer, AdvanTech Plastics is absolutely dedicated to the “zero-defect” quality of each plastic-injection molded product we deliver to our customers.
Throughout the manufacturing process—from design to final inspection— AdvanTech is obsessed with quality. We offer turnkey plastic medical device manufacturing service and complete part traceability, from beginning to final delivery.
Advantech’s comprehensive medical device manufacturing capability is actually a partnership with our customers, who demand and receive oversight over the production of their devices and components. This results in maximum transparency and accountability. It should go without saying that we also maintain ISO certification and only use FDA/medical-grade materials. In other words, our injection molded components completely meet the exacting specifications and standards of both our customers and the FDA.
Over the past several decades, advancements in plastic manufacturing techniques have led to the widespread adoption of plastics in the medical, dental and pharmaceutical industries. The result has been ever lower infectious disease rates, better pain management, and decreasing medical costs.
What Are The Advantages of Plastic Injection Molding for Medical Devices?
Compared to other plastic manufacturing processes, plastic injection molding offers a number of distinct advantages. These include:
- Compliance with FDA and industry standards: The medical-grade plastics AdvanTech uses in our plastic injection molding operations create parts that comply with FDA guidelines, ultimately leading to better patient outcomes. Moreover, these medical plastics parts require less finishing work than metal ones, resist contamination, and are easier to clean and/or sterilize.
- Traceability: In the medical, dental and pharmaceutical industries, traceability of parts is vital. At AdvanTech Plastics Molding, our comprehensive part traceability capabilities provide customers with the peace of mind that comes with knowing they can review and monitor in real time every step of the manufacturing process.
- Mechanical properties: Injection molded parts made from engineering-grade plastic resins, compared to metal parts, exhibit similar or greater physical properties, including high-temperature resistance, tensile strength and durability.
- Material waste: While no manufacturing process is without material waste, we have a system in place to recycle our excess plastic, increasing our overall sustainability and decreasing our environmental impact.
- Color-coding: By working with uncolored virgin material, we can customize each part color to meet the exact needs of the customer.
- High volume repeatability: In medical device manufacturing, a few millimeters or microns can spell the differencefbetween a functional component and a failed component. Accuracy and attention to detail are non-negotiable “must-haves” in our manufacturing process.
- Cost savings: Compared to other materials, plastic injection molding is a cost-effective manufacturing method, especially for high production volumes. By employing energy-efficiency and advanced automation, we further reduce our utility and labor costs.
The takeaway: AdvanTech Plastics “broke the mold” as the finest plastic injection molded medical device manufacturer in our region.